Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha FZ6R Info

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by sty1ee, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Hi,

Currently thinking of purchasing a Yamaha FZ6R (probably black and gold). Can anyone that has one or has ever ridden one give me some feedback good/bad. Maintenance,parts,insurance, general riding etc.

I was thinking 2010 or 2011 model. I've just recently got my licence and this is the bike that when I sat on felt the best. Going to go test ride it soon.

Hope I'm posting this in the right thread!

sty1ee :D
  2. My FZ6n is a little on the heavy side at slow speeds and less aggressive handling than it looks.
    But still a sweet ride.
    Ample power and torque (unrestricted model coming from a 250ninja).
    The back end gets rather light and loose under spirited braking as does the front with an enthusiastic right wrist. But with a better rider I'm sure the suspension would be more manageable.
    Also get some hoon pipes. The akra kit sounds hawt.
  3. FZ6R is a dumbed down FZ6N (around 57kW compared to 72 I think) And that's before the LAMs throttle restriction.
  4. Still enough for a mid 4 second run i imagine. Motorcyclists seem to have some strange negativity with anything that is slower than 4 seconds -100
  5. I was simply stating that Dan.adl's bike is quite different to the one OP is asking about.
  6. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah LAMS version is the one I'm asking about but none the less I'm happy for feedback on a non lams version.
  7. Aside from engine tuning and rear wheel width the similarities are enough to warrant 3/4 of the name to be identical.

Mine may also be a different colour so please disregard previous post.
    • Winner Winner x 1