Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha exhaust question

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by SinFulNard, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Hey guys.

I need some help with my exhaust. Had a hole in it, a mate welded it up. Now i'm looking to sell and I'm over the fuglyness of it.

Questions with pics to follow:
    1) Who and how much can fix this? (straight to the point)
    Cash is an issue, so lesser the better
    2) Why can't I just buy any alright 250 exhaust and slip it on there.... someone somewhere linked this http://www.bcomponents.com.au/products/display_item.asp?DID=91&CID=107&PID=5613 but I notice its not street approved, which is a problem.... its well within my cash limit but I doubt it will be a sufficient replacement.

The pics don't really show it but its a 4-into-2 exhaust setup. I'm looking to sell so need it looking tip top.

oh yea, I'm not really that mechanical so someone might need to explain the whole "why i cant slip on anything" issue.
  2. nothing? no one? anything....
  3. Have you tried your local wreckers for just that one barrel? I would think that will be your cheapest and best bet?
  4. Welded? looks like someone shoved a donut in the end can :LOL:

Wreckers, as suggested would be the cheapest option. If you are selling bugger buying a new system for it
  5. Is the outlay for repair more than what the uglyness will cost you when selling? I think not.