Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha DT125R?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by intrancewetrust, Sep 28, 2015.

1. hey, im currently looking at getting a little road/trail bike to muck around on. being in Tas, you get raped for rego unless the bikes under 125cc. but i cant seem to find any DT125R for sale here, and the little honda that is called a dual sport on US sites is showing up as an 'agricultural' bike on honda australias website. so what gives, do 125cc dual sports basically not exist here or something?

2. Pretty much. 125 anythings are relatively rare as learners (the main buyers of small bikes) have never, AFAIK, been restricted to anything less than a 250 anywhere in Australia so the market just hasn't been there.
  3. i can see the logic in that, but there are the cbr125r and the cb125e which i see a lot of around the place, but the yammy dt125r literally does not seem to exist? i cant even find a single example anywhere, and the honda one seems to be classified completely differently over here, as an agricultural/offroad machine as opposed to a road/trail bike. do these bikes not meet the "roadworthy standard" here as opposed to the UK or US?