Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha demo day at Port Melbourne

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Siilk, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Got an email from the Yamaha City today, apparently they will be having a demo day at their Port Melbourne facilities on the 24th of October. They promise to provide access to the range of R-series bikes(including R1), MTs and some other bikes and scooters; they also seem to be ok with LAMS riders and promise a number of LAMS bikes to try out. Seems like booking is requires so if anyone is interested(and I'm going BTW), here are the contact details: 03 9672 2500, demoday@yamahacity.com.au

Oh, and there will be a free sausage sizzle too. :woot:

2. gadding it i'm out of town :'(
  3. There are twisties in Port Melbourne?
  4. They having any sort of special buys on the day, maybe some heavily flogged demo models at 5:00pm :]
  5. Not really but the Lorimer st is good for drag racing. :D Seriously though, Fisherman's Bend roads are ok and mostly empty during the day but I think they mention all rides will be supervised. :( But that's not stopping me from trying out an R1.:sneaky: I suppose going up the Westgate Bridge and cruising along the M1 might be the best option for getting to 100+kph.
  6. I can't go because I would buy one! :)
    • Funny Funny x 1