Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Yamaha 79 rd250, 81 xs250 parts? Where to get mikuni carbs?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by 79_rd250, May 14, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, I'm hoping this is the right section. If not my apologies.
    I'm after a bunch of parts for my two bikes, a 79 rd250 and an 81sx250. I'm after stuff like gasket sets, brake caliper rebuild kits etc and was wondering who do I contact if I need bits like that? Second question, the xs250 has constant velocity carbs and from what I've read these carbs are shithouse. I've attempted to get the xs250 running using the wrong size carbies off the rd250 and it ran better and longer than I could get it to run with the xs250's normal carbs. I'm after some vm32 mikuni carbs to replace the 32mm constant velocity carbs on the xs250, but was wondering where I could get some? Ebay has a bunch of 30mm mikuni carbs for pitbikes, if I could get these to fit, would they word alright? Also where do I get jets for the carbs so I can do a bit of trial and error when I get them going?

2. hey mate, I have heaps of XS250 parts. I have a couple of sets of carbs, although both will need a bit of work. Let me know if youre interested.
  3. VicWreck in Heidelberg vic have bits for all sorts of Japanese machines. I was looking for a part once and posted on a generic site and got a respose from them when they didn't know I was in Melbourne so I guess they post parts.

Worth a try if you can't find anything local to you.