Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

yamaha 650xvs

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by goatfarmer, Jan 3, 2010.

1. hi people I have a 2009 650 xvs classic that has a vibration in the drive train and a howling noise when i ride it shop wont help they say that its typical of the xvs has anyone else had this problem and if so how do i fix it
    cheers goatfarmer

2. well I've got the same bike in custom setup and it has no vibrations or howling to speak of but that kind of thing can be subjective. If its normal as the shop says they wont mind you taking another for a test ride to verify it makes the same noise.
  3. Shaft drive? if so it's a bearing.

If it's bad persist with getting it fixed under warrantee.
  4. thank you all for your assistance with the vibration problem after beaqting my haed against a brick wall trying to get something done i traded the bike back to them and rode away on a 950 instead now it really is their problem
  5. so the $64m question..does the 950 have the "typical" vibration and howling too?? :p
  6. funny you should ask that bui no its only done 80 ks but i will keep you posted