Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Aug 26, 2005.

1. YetAnotherDopeyDriver
    I was caught in a two-lanes-merging-to-one accident situation yesterday, with two policemen directing traffic and a tilt-tray in the right lane picking up the pieces.
    I merged into the left lane and waited for the plod to direct me past the scene, NEXT THING, 10 feet away from the watching policeman, a silly old fool in a Magna, looking dead straight ahead, BUT with his wife in the passenger seat, LOOKING STRAIGHT AT ME(!) merged straight across into my space in the lane!!!!! I booted his front guard with my right foot, never took a shred of notice, I tapped the side of my helmet with my index finger in the direction of the policeman, he shrugged and smiled!!!
    All this at dot mph, I might add!

2. obviously senile
  3. The driver or the rider???

4. you lost me a bit there... after you kicked the front guard what did the driver do?
  5. he didn't do ANYTHING, just kept drifting across into my lane-space!
  6. nice :shock:
  7. Dan, Dan, you have far too much time on your hands, sigh!
    Yes, it was exactly like that! Happy now? :D
  8. exactly like that?

seem like you'd be at fault (coz the drawing has you merging right - into the cars path) :LOL: :LOL: :D
  9. A good sign of NOT KICKING HARD ENOUGH.....
  10. The cop. :D
  11. Dan's drawing was a wind-up, my response was in the same vein, and my description (I think) was quite clear. I was already in the left lane, the DOC (Dozy old codger) merged INTO my lane from the (blocked) right lane. I booted his front guard with my RIGHT boot; pretty difficult to do from round the other side of the car, I would have thought.
    Anyway, I didn't want it to become a cause celebre, just another report on dumb people not looking around before they do things. And, yes, seany, I was a bit non-plussed by the cop's non-response too!!!
    And Asto, yes, I was too gentle with the boot, wish in retrospect I'd been near to his mirror!! :LOL: