Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Y2K jet m/cycle what movie?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Johnny O, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Hey Guy's, can anyone tell me what the name of the movie that the Y2K jet powered bike (as per Jay Leno's bike) was in, thanks.

2. Johnny O,
    I believe that movie was 'Torque', if I'm not wrong.
    Cheers mate.
  3. I'm ashamed to admit that I know, but the movie was Torque, possibly the worst bike movie ever made.
  4. There is a Y2K in SE Melbourne atm.
    Movie is Torque (2004)
  5. Equal worst (I know that doesn't make sense) with Biker Boyz IMO
  6. Yes Biker Boys was bad, but at least it didn't show an RSV1000 doing stuff only a trials bike ridden by Dougie Lampkin could possibly do or a Bandit 1200 doing impossible wheelies and stoppies...
  7. I suspect (or is that hope) Torque was supposed to be a parody of the Fast & the Furious film fad going on at the time rather than a serious take on the genre. That said, it doesn't do a great job of sending up the tropes of those kinds of films, so I guess it doesn't matter if it's trying to play it straight or be a parody; it failed at both.
  8. Torque was the movie. The Blonde female lead actress was hot though.

except where they were kung fu fighting on motorcycles......stretched the whole believability thing for me....
  9. You expect 'believability' in a Movie??? ](*,)
  10. Torque was awesome! Totally, shittily, unbelievablely (literally!) awesome!

It also featured the Y2K & I think a Harley, both of which had a race fight if my memory serves me right... :)
  11. I do if it is something like Torque or Biker Boyz.

FFS, a HD and a Y2K in a race. The only way the HD could win was if the race was over 20km, I believe that's about as far as a Y2K can go on a tank.

12. +1, I hated torque first time I saw it until I realised it was a satire of sportsbike culture - imo its actually pretty funny! Watch it again in this light and you'll see what I mean.
  13. 'sif you don't watch it solely for jamie pressley in leather hipsters