Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured XVS650 rear fender mod

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by bojo, May 8, 2015.

1. Has anyone out there cut down their own fender or have photos of what a shortened fender looks like on the 650 custom? I am looking to go to a small bobber style fender but am exploring some cheaper options first.

2. Check the cruiser threads or showcase for bobbers or custom build ups.
    There have been pics attached to some of the threads that show what you need.
    You can search (top left) for bobber and it should bring up all you want.
  3. I have a xvs1100 that I have bobbered, I didn't like the blue collar kit mainly because I didn't like the struts holding the fender, so I purchased a shorted for prostreet looking fender. Mine came from SS cycles in American just goggle bare knuckle bobber kit.
  4. Cheers for the replies. I am chasing pictures of what a cut down original xvs custom rear fender looks like. Had a guy in a bike shop offer to do it but not sure if I would be satisfied with the look.
  5. Yeah I opted for the bare knuckle bobber fender instead of cutting cause the original fender given the way it mounts to the subframe will never tuck close to the rear wheel and always have a sizeable gap.