Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

XVS650 oil filter relocation kit

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Darrin Hodges, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Thats a lot of oil filters for that price!
  2. It is expensive but I guess its been engineered to fit, not a generic part that just bolts on. The upside is that it makes oil /filter changes a heck of lot quicker.
  3. i considered it when i had mine, but other upgrades came first!
    great bike!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. There's a few makers for these, Jardine are typically the most expensive.
    If I become rich again I'd get one.
    Turns an oil change into a 15 minute job, rather than 1 hr plus. Also saves wear on the exhaust brackets and gaskets etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Does the standard exhaust have to be removed for an oil change? Mine has short shots and they aren't in the way.
  6. I think it's maybe the stock exhaust, I have cruisers and I reckon I could do it without taken them off but the idea of a 1 minute filter change is attractive!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Normally you can't get the filter cover plate off, and therefore change the filter, with the front pipe attached.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Not polished and machined to such a high standard, one would assume this is totally cosmetic though.
    You will have to paint or finish it off if you're not blind!

For $300 I would be using top quality synthetics oils and swapping the filter every 2-3 oil changes if replacing the filter is such a chore.
    • Agree Agree x 1