Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

XVS650 Bobber Build

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Oldteach, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Well it's done, got the bobber up and running and after a bit of tweaking got the feel I wanted.

Overall it was pretty straight forward, I took it as a challenge as I have the mechanical aptitude of a wet sponge in a makeup box.

Made a Youtube video to get some more skills in video editing (as I am going to have to teach aspects of it next year) definitely need a better camera though.

Also need some advice, got to get new mirrors for it as I put the 32" drag bars on the bobber, I need longer mirrors.....any suggestions folks?

2. Nice one !
    Scuse my ignorance but how did you go about sourcing the parts ?
    I was talking bobber projects with a friend of mine and you can get 'bolt on kits' these days for these bikes.
    Was it a kit or just source the parts individually and use you mechanical prowess to do the rest haha.

I'm impressed
  3. I was only looking at that website a few weeks ago.
    I think there is a distributor in NSW now ?!?

Been wondering if they do a kit for the 250 Virago.
  4. I know they have a range of kits but did not see a Virago there and they were specific about having kits for the listed bikes. Had a quick google search and found the following web site;

It may be for choppers, but with a little creativity you could probably just order the fenders as well as pick and choose the suitable parts you want.