Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

XVS1100 Towbar help

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by reeceb, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Greetings from a Newbie,

I am in the process of purchasing a Time-Out Camper Trailer and have been looking around for a towbar for my wife's Yamaha XVS1100 (2004). It seems all roads lead to Classic Industries in Yandina QLD, who are out of stock of them. By chance I found one that was advertised on eBay for an XVS1100 (at a bargain price) and parted with my hard earned cash and went and collected it.

Upon getting it home and trying to fit it I am stumped. From what makes sense (to me) is that it would use the footpeg mounts, however the bar I have is approx 2" shorter on the RH side and when the bar is flat on the ground the RH side is approx 2" higher than the LH side.

I have either been sold a pup, or there is something fundamentally wrong with my thinking (not outside the realms of possibility).

Q: Has anyone fitted a towbar to a Yamaha XVS1100 before and can give some advice ?
  2. Maybe the tow bar suits a classic not a custom
  3. Thanks for the reply Phil. That is a possibility, though I would have thought the basic frame would be the same.
  4. Yer but isnt rear guard longer and maybe
    Clasdic has wider wheel and therefore frame