Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

xv1700 or M109r?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by masuri99, Sep 1, 2006.

1. G'day! This is my first post.

Have scared myself too many times on my 2002 GSF1200s. Needing to slow down and enjoy the scenery.

I have been looking at the yamaha warrior and the suzuki m109r... anybody got any ideas? or other cruiser typre bikes with a bit a bit of grunt and reasonable handling?

Cheers! :grin:
  2. The XV1900 Stratoliner is a damn fine bike if you want new, large-bore cruisers. Trying to scam one for a day from the local dealership.

If you're after the "sport cruisers" (an oxymoron in my book) then look at the VMax, the Rocket III or the VRSCB (VRod).

BUT - have you considered just easing off the throttle on the one you have?
  3. Strech has got a M109r and Fox has got the XV1700 warrior. Give them a Pm, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to fill you in about their bikes. :)
  4. For me the XV1700 warrior is a stand out winner if you really want performance. They are both geat bikes from what I have read, (I haven't ridden the Suzuki), but the two days I had with the Warrior were brilliant. I have ridden many cruisers over the years, but that was the first one that really cried out to be ridden hard and fast, even round corners.