Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

XJ6N? Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by MissionMan, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Was originally going to get a Monster but my wife has convinced me to look at a cheaper alternative in the short term as we'll being having a second rugrat in the next year or two. The XJ6N is currently on special with free insurance and the 6% finance makes it considerably cheaper than the monster.

Does anyone have any longer term experience with the bike? Test ride is obviously one thing but I'm looking for people who have had it for a year or two and can provide some feedback on the bike with daily use? The noise (or lack thereof) is not too much of an issue for me, it'll be used mainly for commuting and the lack of noise will probably keep my wife happier.
  2. #2 ajiribarren, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I had an XJ6S (half faired version but mechanically the same bike) for over a year. The XJ6 will handle realistically everything you throw at it, is not supersport but has a fair amount of get go, comfortable for the pillion, comfortable to ride, the underbody exhaust is fairly quiet but the plus is no damage if you drop it or fear from the pillion from burning.

Quite a solid bike, suspension can be a little bland when pushing it hard-ish (not a racer here) but for the budget I think you get a lot of bike for the money. Direct competitors the Kawi ER6, different engine, similar power, more vibes than the XJ6.

For commuting I think is an excellent bike, fairly narrow, easily flickable through traffic.

I upgraded to a Kawasaki Z750, but there are days I just miss the comfort of the XJ6 (my fiancee too when she pillions with me)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks mate. Much appreciated