Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Xj6 Exhaust - Hurricane Evolution Trioval

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Skinn, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I've been looking at discreet exhaust options for my xj6 that come in less than the TBR kit.

These guys popped up in my searches: http://www.hurricaneevolution.com.b...=1&menu_dir=0&id=6&link=3&acao=dtprod&p_id=59

Has anyone heard of Hurricane Evolution or actually purchased one of these exhausts? They look simply made and coming in at under $400 they probably are.

Dan.

2. The issue with the XJ6 is that the Exhaust is a complete unit welded all together, so they are really no available Slip-ons that work, only full systems.

I don't speak Portuguese, but I believe there's no mention of any headers that come with that exhaust, so you would end up chopping yours right before the muffler, and installing this silencer.

TBR and Leo Vince are the only two manufacturers that come to mind when making full systems. Thats why they are more expensive than this Hurricane unit. Oh, Arrow as well does a full system, but the exhaust ends on the side of the bike.

I had the Leo and loved it. A pain in the ass to install but worth it. Bought it from the guys at Sportbiketrackgear (shout them an email with the part numbers) and they should give you a very reasonable price

3.  Top
  4. Yeah, that seems to be the full system you would need.

I had a Leo Vince installed when I had an XJ6, and I have to say it was a great piece of equipment, and the only exhaust that fits if your bike is fitted with a Centerstand.

Regarding the JuiceBox, don't bother. I had a PCV and Autotune, and believe it or not, the stock map with the Australian fuel mix was rich enough, so I don't think youll be running lean.