Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

XENA Disclock alarm too sensitive

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by HB, May 28, 2009.

1. Bought a Xena disc lock alarm. They say if it is too sensitive to use the 6 o'clock setting or clean the reflective glass. Done both of these, can been fine for several hours, then for no reason goes off every 15 minutes or so.

Anyone else had this problem, can it be solved?
  2. I'd email the Xena people, or check their forums if they have any.

Otherwise, try the rear/front wheel depending on where you have it to see if it helps. The older models were often prone to going off, but I thought the new models were much better.
  3. Known issue with these, plenty of people get fed up and just end up disabling the damn thing (batteries out).

4. No, its a known issue with some of them, so there must be a reason some work perfectly (like mine) and some don't. As I said, the company are the ones to ask.
  5. well, it's know that *some* of them will have issues and nothing will fix it, the common thing to try is cleaning the little mirror but aside from that your up the creek. Seems like he's already asked the company, if you read his first post.

So the answer after trying the standard steps is no, it's not solvable, and he's not the first to have this issue :)

6. Yep, SHE is not the first and went to website etc. The only thing that's been suggested that I have tried is putting a new set of batteries. Only bought it last weekend, but I suppose you never know how much juice they have if they have been sitting on the shelf.
  7. You know, straight after I made my post I though "lawd I bet it's a lady". I usually say 'they' instead to be gended non-specific hahah. Sorry :p
  8. That's okay. Would have thought the "I'm skenasis mum" in my signature might have been a little hint.
    :p :p :p :p :p