Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Xena disc lock key cutting

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by 6ixxer, Sep 1, 2006.

1. I have mislaid one of my Xena lock keys :?

So out of the three (1red, 2black) I have the master key and a standard key left. I carry one of course but so does my wife so she can move my bike if she is taking the car out while i'm not there.

:?: I'd like to get another key cut and was wondering if the key has a generic counterpart that a locksmith can cut or whether I have to go to Xena with my master key?

Looks like this:

2. hey whats the difference between the red key and the black ones? YOu say 'master key' but what's with that when its just one lock anyway?

I've got one of these locks too and i've always wondered.
  3. the red is the one you take to the bike shop and they will order you another one. You cant cut those keys and without the red one you have to buy a new lock..
  4. so I take the red key back where I got the lock from (MAW) and they'll get another key from Xena?

Sounds like a plan.
  5. I have just bought a Xena disc lock, the one with the alarm, and in the manual it definitely says that for 'security reasons' Xena will not supply replacement keys. So do they, or don't they ? Has anybody actually had a new key from them?
  6. OMG Incitatus - youre right, its on page 6 :shock:
  7. yeah i lost the key for mine.... bought a new one.. 60$

bills motor cycles in the city of adelaide. Frome street.

old one is now... a fancy paper weight