Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Xena Disc Lock Alarms

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by StringBean, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Hi All,

At the moment I am in the process of looking at disc locks for my Yamaha Virago. At the moment I am looking at buying a Xena XX14 disc lock, but after a bit of research on them I have seen that a lot of people and getting false alarms, now this alarm is going to cost about 130 bucks and I'm not 100% sure if I should buy it due to some of the reviews I have seen. There is actually one review on the Netrider Forums I have seen but the models reviewed is not actually the model I'm thinking about buying. So if anyone has a Xena-XX14, could you please let me know how it goes, before I spend $130 on one.

Kind Regards,
  2. Long time ago on my first bike with a xena, i've righted the bike and started to ride and it clanged the caliper and didn't go off.
    sensitivity fail.

I now have a Voyager 5000 paging alarm from ebay (tradeworkz) that was $115 delivered.
    Has proximity and shock sensor and is way better than xena.
    Excellent value.
  3. I went to look at a bike recently that a guy was selling and he had a disc lock on the bike and during the strong winds we had the bike was blown off its side stand and the front disc that the lock was attached to got bent when the disc lock hit the gutter and now he needs to replace the disk.

I know that's probably quite rare but it does show what can happen!

4. I looked at your original thread when you bought this product. Can you give a review of the product at all?

5. Hey mate

I actually have been using the xn14 since November and recently got my misses the xx6.

I find that both work as they are describe. On the instruction manual it tell you that mounting the lock in different position will give different effects on the sensor.

I have jumped on my bike a once or twice forgetting it was there and the alarm lucky went off before any damage. +1 for disc locks with alarms

I think from memory Action MC were selling them for $80
  6. I have a xena alarm, and like 6ixxer, the sensitivity of mine wasn't the best. It now sits in my backpack ( that I take to and from work ) just in case I need to go somewhere a bit dodgy. The batteries are flat, but I still use it as a deterrent. I had mine for 4-5years, so I have gotten my money’s worth.

Does the xx-14 come in different colors ? I'd want something with bright colors so it's obvious you have it, or use one of those springy cables from the lock to your bars.
  7. Looking at the website, the 14 is only available in s/steel, the XX10 comes in s/steel, white and yellow.
  8. +1

I'm still thinking of buying one
  9. Cheers for teh reminder. I've posted up some details for you now.