Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

xcelr8 ????

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by outactrl, Aug 16, 2005.

1. HI guys,
    I found this old Calendar event posted last year (see below), i have been looking for a cornering course, but not sure where to go, or more importantly, who to go too, anyone know any good companies (im married with a kid, so my good means cheap
    I'm looking for courses that are run at Calder Park, the site mentioned in the calendar post doesnt exsist anymore, (or maybe its just down for a day or two)

Sat May 22nd, 2004
    Knee Down Course Calder Park
    You will spend half a day at a training facility in Melbourne where our trainers will show you the basics of sliding your knee, and cornering techniques. In most cases this will be the Sunday before a published xcelr8 Track day at the Island or at Broadford. By the end of the day you will be a master at cornering in an ultra low speed environment. Our training techniques will have you looking like a pro in no time at all!

For more details see www.xcelr8.com.au
    (Added on Wed Apr 21st, 2004 by David Hewison)

2. I remember talking with a lady rider in Yea earlier this year and she mentioned the Ryder Brothers running knee down courses at Calder.
    A few years ago now, I did an advanced riding course with HART at Calder. It was mostly safety based. They may have shifted to Broadford. :)