Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WTF !! . . KNOWING the movie was crap and not real !!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mickyb V9, Sep 10, 2009.

1. #2 Bonk, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  2. Thats pretty damn cool! I will be waiting for the explanation.
  3. My guess is that the balls had some sort of changable display on it so while he was writing the numbers down somebody behind the scenes just had to type it into the computer. So really those 6 balls can be any number you type into that computer.
  4. It definitely takes balls...
  5. Saw KNOWNING @ the cinema when it was released. Was worth it for the special effects alone. Spent most of the movie rattling off the Melbourne land marks.
  6. When he took the averages, did he round up or did he round down? :roll:
  7. Its covered all over the place, but the quick 1 minute explanation is that it was actually a camera trick.

If you watch very closely, just after the last number is announced the ball on the left jumps up by one pixel, because the split-screen is removed and his assistant fcuked up when they put the last ball in.

Its a cool trick, but it's just a trick.

Edit: here's a good page that shows how it was done: http://thedrilldown.com/2009/09/12/how-to-accurately-predict-the-lottery-on-live-tv/
  8. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and say how obvious it is an illusion with one simple explanation:

If you really could predict lotto numbers, wouldn't you be a millionaire by now and not doing a crappy TV show :wink:
  9. The guy is a genius. Check out his show if you ever get the chance.
  10. +1

I thought I'd never heard of him before but I have. (Ironic considering what he is capable of)

I have no doubt that the lottery trick was a purely technical gimmick.

The rest though... Wow!

This man could make Freud believe he was Jung, Jung believe he was Freud. Then make them both do the funky chicken dance while handing over their personal journals.