Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WTF is happening to my music heroes?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by NiteKreeper, May 3, 2012.

1. It's like I got old all of a sudden this week!
    First, yesterday it was Dee Snyder singing Broadway tunes? And worse: I liked it!

And today, I read that Bruce Dickinson is a champion of the Welsh aviation industry?

If this trend keeps up, I'll be wearing a tie and will have to stop taking cocaine for breakfast any day now!

2. I'll get you a knitted blanket for your birthday. You can sit on the front porch and complain about all the hooligan kids in your neighbourhood.

3. Damn kids won't stay off my lawn - in my day we had more respect...

4. You never heard of flight 666?

5. I was horrified when I was in the UK last year and heard on the radio some modern music celebrity issuing a public apology for being caught taking drugs.

FMD, what has gone wrong with the world? :twisted:

6. I know, right?
    I'm starting to understand why old people are grumpy and complain so much, and frankly it's scaring the shit out of me.

But Keith's not apologising for anything, so there's still a little hope...

7. Nor's Lemmy and the old bastard's still touring AFAIK.

It's the newer generations I worry about :D.

8. Haha there's a seat on my porch, and a glass of stout for you anytime...
    (I even told a "when I were a lad..." story recently)

9. Over the past few years I've found that I will come out with a sentence and immediately think "Oh shit I sound like my dad". :LOL:

10. Does it matter that I had to look both of these people up?

11. Dee Snider singing broadway tunes is about as surprising as... well I can't think of a good analogy, but it's not very surprising.

& the fact that you liked it...

No comment. :-w

I prescribe 1 x Metallica Black Album*, 1 x Back In Black, followed by The Number of the Beast as needed.

*Do not substitute as St Anger, RE-Load, Death Magnetic etc, as they may cause nausea, depression, explosive diarrhea & suicidal thoughts.

12. Learn to play music and you can (mostly) avoid all the rubbish these days! Or at least play better versions of them :D

Two words - Loop station!

13. at least back in our day, if kids were misbehaving you could simply beat them to death. When I was a lad, I was beaten to death at least once a week. No wonder they don't have any respect for their elders these days.

14. How's that Gran Torino goin'? :wink:

15. At least your music heroes aren't dead. :cry:

16. ....it's not them..... It's you!....:cheeky: