Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WTF has happened to my Pilot Power's?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by deafwish, Jan 4, 2008.

1. My rear Pilot Power has had a small crease looking line (can feel the indentation with your finger-nail) for the past 3000km.
    Originally I thought that I had spun my tyre up on a sharp stone but it has stayed that way for a while now & it isn't a straight line (confirms it wasn't caused by wheelspin).
    I haven't cared much about it (my rear tyres don't last that long anyway) until I recently noticed the front has done the same!
    I sent an online message to Michelin Australia, over 3 weeks ago & haven't heard squat from them...

Rear - The crease is on the right (1 o'clock):
    [​IMG]

Front - The crease is on the left (11 o'clock):
    [​IMG]
    Does anyone know what has happened or anyone who works for Michelin in Melbourne?
    I am seriously considering going back to Bridgestone, as this is the first set of Michelin's I've had & my rear is needing to be replaced pretty soon...
    Oh & they are not the Spanish made ones that were recalled some months back.

Daz. :wink:

2. Ooh looks like they're about to hatch!

3. My last rear tyre (Power) did the same. Never had any problems with it though. I'll have a closer look at the Power 2CT that's on it now and see if it's doing it too.

Edit: The 2CT on the rear of the Zed is doing it too. No sign of it happening on the front.

4. Like I posted elsewhere, it's not a fault with the tyre.
    Michelin build in an anti static strip into the tyre because of the compound, it's nothing to worry about.

5. All of my PPs did this too.

6. I guess as long as they still work okay they're alright?

7. My Powers are the same as tanya said it is something that is designed into them , no problem!!

8. and another plus 1 here.
    mine look identical, however, from the michelin USA technical advisor, it is a result of the injection moulding process.

9. +1 on my PP.

Nothing to worry about. Still an awesome tyre unless they are on the Huon road in tassie :p

10. Thanks for your advice everyone.

<I was quietly hoping that they were faulty & Michelin Australia would buy me a new pair of tyres! :LOL: >

Daz. :wink:

11. My Pilot Roads on the RF900R did the same after a while.
    No dramas :)