Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WTD: someone to drive a Bus to the GP. HELP!

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Caz V1, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Hi Guys n Gals,
    I'm in a bit of a spot of bother.( what else is new :LOL: )
    A friend of mine has a bus that sleeps 8 people, fully equipped with a shower and kitchen.
    We would love to take the bus to the GP, but we don't have a driver.
    All of our group want to ride down, and the only person with a bus license is being difficult cos he also wants to ride down there.
    I'm wondering if there is a Netrider that has a bus license that would be prepared to drive the bus to and from the GP for us.
    Of course you can stay in the bus!
    I know it's a big ask, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see if I get lucky. :) Ya never know ya luck in a big city!

Surely there is someone that wants free accomodation for the GP.
    ( its even been suggested to drive the bus down earlier and then ride the bikes down....if you want to drive it down early...whatever suits...I just wanna get the damn bus down there :p )

2. Caz is there room in the bus for a bike? i'll ride across and get it if i can bring my bike back with me.
  3. I'll find out for you...or for US I should say :wink:
  4. I have a bus licence, in fact I manage a bus depot.

But I'm riding down too :p
  5. This comment is about as useless as tits on a bull. I would LOVE to do it. Got a bus licence, was planning to go to the GP, but got told on Thursday that I have to go to my brothers wedding. The inconsiderate pr$%k, just decided to get married and picked THAT weekend.
  6. Caz, speaking from experience.... get the bus down there on the Thursday or Friday if you can - follow in a car or on a bike to get the bus driver back home, then he can ride down too... same to come back home on the Monday (if possible)..

I could drive it down for you!! but can't get it back as I am flying out to QLD on the Sunday evening... BUT I have a mate with a heavy licence that might be able to do the trip both ways - PM me for details - you met him at Tarra Valley (Rod with the Harley)

Cheers & good luck

7. Thanks Bron, We are still a bit unsure of plans at this end......
    We have a few things to iron out, hopefully things will be all undercontrol by the wekend.
    Thanks for the advice , I agree, heading down a day earlier is our best option(maybe two days if we do the Barry Sheene ride)
    Wooo Hooo, less than 2 weeks to go, I can't wait.

Cya's all down there :)