Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC wtb VTR 250 parts

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jrh001, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

I am planning to repair a damaged VTR 250 (1999 model) and looking for the following parts: forks, handlebar, tank, radiator, rear brake pedal, gear shift pedal, rear footpeg subframe (lhs) and footpegs. Also levers, grips, mirrors and possibly the front brake disk as well.

The bike belongs to my son who had an accident on his first road trip, in Tasmania. Insurance isn't contributing to the repair unfortunately (long story). The bike is still in Tas but we hope to get it back to Melbourne soon.

If anyone has parts available, please PM or post here. I'm watching for suitable items on eBay and will check wreckers as well.

The aim is to get the bike back on the road but it doesn't have to be in perfect original condition. I don't mind using parts from other models if they'll fit. If anyone knows about interchangeability of major parts (forks, radiator) or other parts between various Honda 250 models please let me know.

2. I've sourced most of the parts I need. I'm still looking for a tank if anyone has one in reasonable condition.

The bike is now back in Melbourne, it just fits in the back of an AU Falcon.

3. lol at pics, just posted my damaged one dont know whos is in better nick though.
  4. Ours is damaged on the left side, and not as big a dent as your red tank.
    What did you replace it with?
  5. I went to mcr motorcycle crash repairs
    12a Freight Rd
    Tullamarine VIC 3043

he had 1 there cant remember how much I paid somewhere between 250-400 I think.

Forgot his name but was very helpful.
  6. Thanks, I rang them. They said that an undamaged second-hand tank will be hard to find. They can repair dented tanks for around $300. I'll keep looking, perhaps I can find one with minimal damage.
  7. Well if your dent isnt as big as mine, id still use it then, just slap a sticker on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.