Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[WTB] Braces

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by hornet, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Yeah, that's right, old-fashioned button-type fabric fireman's braces (to hold up my high-tech Scorpion leather pants, now I've lost a bit of weight :oops:) Any ideas, locations to buy, etc, please?

2. They have these new things called Belts. Absolutely wonderful invention, going to revolutionise the garment industry....

Q. Why do firemen wear red suspenders??

A. To keep their pants up!!
  3. Are you for real ?
    Hornet600 looking for Draggin Braces ??? :LOL:

Ask Scrambles he knows !! :rofl:
  4. Belts can get very annoying if you are leaned over for long periods (hmm, like on a bike?). Belts also cause loose waisted pants to bunch up around the waist and get uncomfortable.
    Braces rock you young whippersnappers! LOL! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.
  5. I've been thinking about getting a pair of braces myself for my leathers - now I'm worried I must be getting old :p :LOL:. (Haven't found any yet BTW).
  6. Andrew's right, you know, it's a lot more comfortable riding with braces than with a belt cutting you in half for hour after hour. (I have a normal pair on my Draggins, but the leathers are a lot heavier...)
  7. +1 for braces.

I think Ulysses Clubs might sell them under the brand name "Fork Braces". They also have the great new Draggin' cardigan. It has a special pocket for your hearing aid. Team it up with a pair Alpine Star race slippers (how do they get the tartan pattern in woven carbon fibre?) and a Dianese Smoking Jacket and you're hot, hot, hot.

Or ebay

Edit: Damn you, rosscO - you ruined a perfectly good joke. How was I to know that Ulysses really did have braces?

Hornet: you have, by far, given me the biggest laugh today. Thankyou sir and god bless.
  9. I think we better come clean with Hornet on this braces thing !
    Ktulu and Donkey better fess up also ! :LOL:

Paul, might disown us like he has done with Jaqhama if we don't reveal the humour ! :rofl:
  10. Can't....type....too...much.......laughter......head....falling....off.....
  11. [img:216:333:99cb529348]http://www.medfordtools.com/occidental/belts/5055.jpg[/img:99cb529348]

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it... :p

Hornet - I'll confess:
    Traditionally, suspenders reflect a certain lack of adventurousnessicity in an individual - and motorbikes reflect a certain level of rebellious lawlessness.
    One does not expect the two to co-exist without some resultant humour to be derived.

On the other hand, to wear them and ride could also be considered rebellious in itself in the face of the expectations of other riders.

So now I don't know what to think.

What I DO know is that these absolutely rock, and I won't use any other type of belt ever for the rest of my life... even if I live to be 1000 and the world is cold and dead and all I can find is an old soviet extension cord (but my therapist says that's unlikely to happen anyway).
  12. [img:216:333:42f1bef602]http://www.medfordtools.com/occidental/belts/5055.jpg[/img:42f1bef602]

I dunno - these might be a bit on the BDSM side for Paul.

One things for sure, there's potential here for yet another new product from Ktulu Motorcycle Accessories. :LOL:
  13. Alluring

Baaaaaad asssssss

Thats it. Thats it....if I keep laughing like this someone will call security....ahhhhhhh *wipes tear*
  14. [img:347:454:579684f9b1]http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/Theme_Party_Supplies/images/german_lederhosen_black.JPG[/img:579684f9b1]

15. [img:300:221:cb05192f54]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/conker/conkers-and-ghosts/morris.jpg[/img:cb05192f54]

The Netrider morris dancing team, yesterday.
  16. :rofl:

now i'm really sheding tears and pissing myself laughing !! :LOL:
  17. Christ if braces were in fashion, I'd bloody where them, friggen heaps more comfortable than a belt, and alot better for you aswell.
  18. :shock: I'm bracing myself for what might come next :LOL:
  19. Seems there's at least one motorcycle clothing company that considers braces an acceptable means of keeping ya pants up: