Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC WTB 2014 CBR1000RR yoshi R-77 slip on

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by twoseats, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, just looking for a yoshi slip for the 2014 blade. Better yet, any aftermarket exhaust for a 14' blade for me to look at, used preferably as I don't want to be eating cuppa noodles for the next year.

2. Dude, be careful with the Yoshi slip-on. Ensure that the one you get is NOT for the US only models, as it uses the old style exhaust. The 2014 European/AU models moved the cat converter to the downpipe (so you cannot eliminate it with the slip-on) and has a much wider pipe where the slip-on attaches.

Also, the rearsets moved slightly compared to the 2012 and so the exhaust mount point may no be in the same place. Because Yoshi bolt the mount point to the exhaust this could be a problem. Akra uses a carbon sling so it is not a problem at all.

I use the Akrapovic carbon slip on, but they are NOT cheap and they retain a exhaust butterfly valve, if that bothers you (although it doesn't affect the sound like it does on the stock, and it is still WAY less restrictive as stock has 2 restrictions, a pressure valve and a flap).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.