Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by folma, Jul 10, 2005.

1. [Kalamazoo Gazette] James Burns, 34, of Alamo,Mich., was killed in March as he was trying to repair what police described as a "farm-type truck." Burns got a friend to drive the truck on a highway while Bums hung underneath so that he could identify the source of a troubling noise. Police indicated they found Burns "wrapped in the drive shaft."

["The. Indianapolis Star"] A cigarette lighter may have triggered fatal explosion - Dunkirk, Indiana. A Jay County man using a cigarette lighter to check the barrel of a muzzle loader was killed Monday night when the weapon discharged in his face, sheriffs investigators said. Gregory David Pryor, 19, died in his parents' rural Dunkirk home about 11:30 p.m. Investigators said Pryor was cleaning a 54-caliber muzzle loader that had recently misfired. He was using the lighter to look into the barrel when the gunpowder ignited.

[Associated Press, Kincaid] Blasting Cap Explodes in Man's Mouth at Party. A man at a party popped a blasting cap into his mouth and bit down, triggering an explosion that blew off his lips, teeth, and tougue state police said Wednesday. Jerry Stromyer, 24, of Kincaid, bit the blasting cap as a prank during a party late Tuesday night, said Cpl. M.D.Payne. Another man had it in an aquarium hooked to a battery, and was trying to explode it," Payne said. "It wouldn't go off and this guy said, 'Let me try."

[Wallstreet Journal] AT&T fired President John Walter after nine months, saying he lacked "intellectual leadership". He received a $26 million severance package. They also announced the company will lay off up to 8,000 employees. Ever conscious of its image, the company is promoting the layoffs as an employee incentive package called "job forwarding".
  2. Ah the Darwin Awards, where would we be without them?
    I can think of a few querulous forum members that I could nominate for membership, come to think of it........
    (querulous \KWER-uh-luhs; -yuh\, adjective:
    1. Apt to find fault; habitually complaining.
    2. Expressing complaint; fretful; whining)