Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WSID 6/5/09.. Soo many bikes, including my racing :)

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by tim650, May 7, 2009.

1. #1 tim650, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    So i finally got to take the er6 for a little speeding legally at WSID last night.. and WOW, there was soo many bikes i never seen that many race before :eek: Roughly 40-50 easy...

Any Netriders racing??

I got 3 runs in, 13.1 first time ever, i dropped te clutch and poped up the front, second run 13.1 (first video) riding out the clutch, and then 12.9 @ 100mph (2nd and 3rd video) with a bit of riding and poping it out and my little burnout before... The bike is standard and she wont go any faster captain :LOL:
    See the videos for youself, she picks up speed quickly in 1st and 2nd but top end takes alot off, i stayed on for a bit after the finish line just to see what speed i can get.. This was my first time racing ever, and next time will be on the R6 or next bike :grin:

On board 13.1
    [media=youtube]MUHlTR9QLj8[/media]

On board 12.9, (i was also racing against Rapid Magazines Hayabusa :grin: )
    [media=youtube]z18Z7c_Kp9k[/media]

Track side 12.9 (i look soo dinky on this bike haha)
    [media=youtube]MXS2R65JC9w[/media]

cheers

2. Looks like you had fun. Who was riding the Hayabusa?

3. Jamie Benzienna (check spelling) The guy that rides the orange turbo hayabusa built by S&R Pro.. He's the racer who has black/orange suit and tiger ears on his helmet haha.

Yeah i had fun thrashing it.. Weather was clear and wasnt cold at all.

4. That looks like fun :grin: That busa took off like a rocket!

5. They do, dont they.

6. I love that there are people in this world who look at a 'Busa and think "that's not fast enough... wonder what would happen if we bolted a turbo onto it...?"

7. TOP WORK Tim, lovely to see you kept it buried in the red zone :applause:

I guess we can answer any questions now about the Kawa's top speed; if 170 is about the best it can do under ideal conditions, any claims to more must be suspect, eh :LOL:?

8. It would go faster, with a longer straight.

9. I hit 184km/h in that first video there.. I've seen er6's top speed on youtube is 220.. Thats it, so its geared relatively short.

That hayabusa is a machine, on that run i ran the 12.9, and he ran 12.0.. He must of set off the timer before he took off cause they still past me just before the line... I went across at 160ish, he did it at 230km/h :eek:
    It is a 9second bike anyways..

10. Pics from Cackling Pipes. They done a good job..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]