Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[WSBK] Spoiler Imola

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by cejay, Sep 26, 2009.

1. And it returns.

Drama in FP1 as the riders complained of zero grip. Spies likened it to less grip than a fully wet track. Some riders refused to ride and there was serious concern that the event might be cancelled. After some sanity prevailed, the track was washed and dried, and riders returned in the evening.

Bring on Sunday!
  2. How do these situations arise? is it bad rubber on the track? or general crap that has settled between events?
  3. Motomatters.com has information on it. There were two theories, one being that the previous weekends touring car racing left crap on the circuit and the second being that a track wash had taken all the rubber off the circuit, leaving it very 'green'.
  4. so who won? I haven't looked yet
  5. Just looked. Haga.. race 1
    Fabrizio..race 2
  6. American forums are buzzing with crap about Simo's pass on Max. Sour grapes as usual. If Spies hadn't been inconvenienced by it, they'd be saying what a great pass it was. Xenophobes.

Haga to win the title, he now leads by 3 points, I think. 100 possible left to get.
  7. I'm on the Aprilia Forum a lot and they are so pumped about Ben and pretty one eyed, so can understand that.