Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WSB PI - Program?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by nearlyempty, Feb 27, 2007.

1. We're going down on Saturday, but was wondering if anyone had any idea of the program for the day?

Can't seem to find anything anywhere that tells me what is happening and when.

2. Newsagent?
  3. There is usually a program book that you can purchase from the newsagent or from the ticket sales about $8-10?
  4. Ah, I didn't know that.

$8-10 :!: That's... that's at least two crappy beers or one good one!!!
    Phew! I've broken out in a cold sweat.

Reckon I'll just be leaving early.

Great advertising though:
    Promoter - Hello nearlyempty, wanna come to the races?
    Me - Why I'd love to. What have you got to offer?
    Promoter - I could tell you, but it's kind of a secret.
    Me - Ah, go on.
    Promoter - Well .... how about you give me $10 first...
  5. Given that you're going to spend a bucket getting there anyway, another few on a program (if you need to know what's happening) isn't much to spend?

General program for a Saturday would be a host of support races, practice and qualifying for Supersport and Superbike and Superpole for the Superbikes.

Aim to get there no later than 9am if you want to catch ALL the action, Superpole is at 4pm and continues for about 45 minutes.

The program contains heaps of other information, rider profiles, bike specs, background on racing etc...I tend not to buy them, but when I have they always hang around the house for months later.

Remember, take an FM capable radio to listen to circuit commentary, the PA at the track is woeful (at best) and completely inaudible whenever the bikes are on track.

I don't know how familiar you are with PI, but it's notoriously fickle for weather. I've ridden there when Southern Loop has been in fog and the rest of the circuit was in sunshine. Take hat, sunscreen and maybe some warm weather gear too (layered so you can take it off easy).

Have fun, I know I will! Personally, I think Saturday is one of the best days. You get the practice and qualifying where the riders are going gangbusters trying to set up for the Superpole and maybe take a few risks. Throw in some support races with local up and coming stars, all trying to impress, it can be a good day. And though it should be busy, not as packed as Sunday.

WSBK crowds (IMO) also appear to be more interested in the bikes than the MotoGP crowds.
  6. You could look at it that way, but I prefer to think that what is happening and the times that they are happening should be free information. After all, that is what they are supposed to be promoting. It just doesn't make sense that you should have to pay to find out this, basic, information.

I've been to loads of races in the past, so I've a general idea of what happens, but the times would be helpful so I can plan my journey around what I want to see.

The programs that you can buy on the day are different because they contain loads of other info. Like you, I don't tend to buy them, but they're worth the money for the extra stuff they contain.

Yeah, that's what I'm resigned to.

Don't mind me, by the way. I'm just a grumpy old man. The whole world is just plain wrong. :LOL:

(Like why on earth are you forced to press the button at a pedestrian crossing at an intersection? WHY doesn't the little green man AUTOMATICALLY light? B@stards!)
  7. Cheers, by the way. (Forgot to say that.)

Looking forward to it, as we missed last years WSB. :grin:
  8. I've looked in all my usual spots to find the list of events and cant find it so I sugest you pop into your friendly newsagents and pick up a copy and have a quick look through the programme to see what's on when and then put it back on the shelf :wink:

That way you don't have to pay for it.......
  9. Top man! Cool.

For that, you can choose between a 'House Point' or a 'Gold Star'.
  10. What, no elephant stamp :LOL: