Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WSB, Donington, UK and WSB Website

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by mjt57, Sep 7, 2008.

1. I spent ages trying to find info on race times on the WSB website. I ended up seeing it on the home page. Silly me, I had a "man" look.

Now, Race 1 is 13:00 CET. Why doesn't the website mention the local time ie. what time it starts in London?

When is CET? The World Time Zone calculator still lists CET as CEST if I'm assuming correctly that CEST is Central European Summer Time. So, which is it?

I think that it starts at 12pm local time. And if so that means it's around 9pm if daylight savings is still in effect. Otherwise it will be at 8pm.

WorldSBK.com has always been a crap website and this only bears this out. I've lost count of the emails pleading for (a) a faster website and (b) a simpler and easier to navigate site. MotoGP can be bad but it does at least post the correct times and has a built in converter.

Anyway, Rant of the Day (RotD) over and done with. Back to our regular programming...

Oh, good on Bayliss for Superpole. Go Corser to at least get second in the championship...