Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wrote my bike off today, about an hour after finish HSC.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ucanttme, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Today i walked out of my final HSC exam and signed out of school, called my mate and decided to hit the old road. My next memory i was laying on the road spitting blood out of my helmet with my mate standing above me and my written off bike laying only a few metres from me, Next memory was being loading into the CT scan at gosford hospital, then regaining conciousness in my Bed. Just like to thank all the medical services ( 2 ambulances) , police and hospital staff for their assistance, as well to all my friends who've shown nothing but pure concern ( especially Max from the cafe who ran out to his car to drive up to my crash "finding this out later" as soon as someone spoke of my tumble) This, though painful experience has truely shown me the quality of my friends, and my friends in the biking community, ill be back out their soon!

Dan (Magpie to some lol).

2. Hey man. Glad to hear you are doing good. I hope you get well soon.

How did it happen?

Take it easy.

Will

3. Take care Dan and I'm glad you're still with us. :) Yes the quality of friendship never ceases to amaze me, despite seeing it every day. Buy them all a slab when you're well. Kama demands it. :grin:

As for everyone else out there. I've had enough exitement so the next person to fall off this week can expect a punch in the mouth. :wink:

:shock: Why didn't Sean laugh after that :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :evil: :wink:

4. Mate, glad to hear your still with us. Wish ya a speedy recovery.

5. glad you ok mate. i only know you from walking past you with helmets in hand but glad your ok all the same.

max from roadwarriors is a top bloke always hearing about him helping those in need.

6. good luck with recovery, and as others have said, any idea on what happened?

7. Sincerly we wish you a speedy recovery to full health.
    Sorry to hear about the bike but there will always be another bike and another road to ride.

8. Jeez mate, hope you are OK, sounds like you hit something pretty hard :(
    Best of luck with all, and llet us know if you need anything.
    Hope are back out soon.

9. I don't know you from the next stranger in the street, but you're a fellow rider. Big hug to you. Get better soon so we can one day go for a ride.
    It's not that far to Melbourne ;)

10. Ouch, get well soon. :wink:

11. Tis a shame. Hope you get better soon, and hop back on the "horse" soon also.

12. as for how it happened im really unsure, its hard to remember things even the 2 1/2 hour maths exam i had this morning :S, i dont remember what corner, speed or exactly how it happened but my friend came around the same corner, had to swire to miss me tho he spotted a Roo running off so whether or not i did something stupid to avoid hitting a roo i dunno, i just remember laying on the road spitting up blood coz i chomped my tongue (my wonderful straight teeth thanks to braces seems to have acted like a blade lol) then next thing i know im at hospital. I was told the tow truck driver told my dad its come down in a right hand bend the fliped into the guard rail, he was amazed how lucky i was that i parted with the bike before it flipped or i dont think i'd be typing this message atm. In theory... i should get a brand new one with Full Comprehensive insurance, are SWAN good with that? how long do u reakon that would take?

13. I'm not sure that would be the case.

They might give you a cheque for the value of the bike minus your excess.

14. could of been alot worst so Just be happy your still able to log on and type on your own accord...Hope U heal quickly and be back on a bike soon....

15. Hey man great to hear your still breathing, still I gotta ask, any cool scars?

16. go buy a lottery ticket man... you've got 8 lives left.

17. Mate, get well soon, sounds like a bad spill :cry:

18. Damn sorry to hear about the spill. The pain/memory thing is common. Get well soon mate.

19. Jeez I hate the need to send these messages ......

Mate, all the best. Hoping you have a full and speedy recovery.

Seems like you are looking forward to going bike shopping again.

Dave

20. well happening on a right hander is better on a left hander in that you'll travel out away from the road as opposed to a left hander in which you'll have to deal with the lane from the oncoming traffic. So i guess that's a positive.

And r.e. insurance? do you have a new for old clause in your insurance if the bike is under a certain age/odo reading? if so, its most likely new bike territory. if its a writeoff and you dont have a new for old clause then theres every chance you'll get a cheque and the insurance contract ending at that point as the bike is claimed by them to allow them to attempt to recoup costs and no new bike.