Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW {Wrong forum} Street Triple R swap for Bonneville SE

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by ngalbrai, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firstly I will bore you with the back story, then eventually get to the point. So after coming off my P’s 2 years ago I begun the exciting hunt for a my first grown up bike. Always wanted a Bonneville, tested one and was left cold, it just didn’t excite me at all, disappointed. Tried a monster and the F800r, neither floated my boat. Tried a street triple and fell in love with it.

Now 2 years on I have been consistently frustrated by not really improving on the striple, not feeling like I am doing that awesome bike justice. Have done the first CSS, also done a couple of track days, great fun but I am not really where I want to be confidence and skill wise. So as an experiment I test rode a Bonneville again this weekend. Everything I didn’t like about it the first time I loved this time, weird, I guess what you want from a bike evolves with time?

When looking at the logistics of changing bikes its kinda depressing to see what I lose on the cost of the bike, I got somewhat carried away and added quite a few bits to it…

So, the point, a long shot, I wonder if there is anyone out there who has done the opposite, who wanted and got a Bonneville but now feels they want something more hooligan friendly. That person would have undoubtedly upgraded the pipes so it doesn’t sound like a sewing machine… Could work out for both of us far better than a sell/trade and purchase, new price would have been comparable so a swap could work out nicely.

Anyone know anyone in this position? Thought I would take a punt before looking to sell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.