Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Wrong forum} Battery's dead, what now?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by NZ121, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 NZ121, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    So I got to work behind a mate, this morning. He came over for a chat as I parked and I forgot to turn the bike off properly... Now I have a dead battery.

I searched a bit on Google, and I'm a little unsure about trying to push start it, I arrived about 9ish and I went and removed the key about 2:15pm. Will the battery have enough juice to provide a spark? (Never had a problem with the battery before, had the bike about 5 months) What gear should I attempt this in? (Google gives varying opinions) Should I have the choke on?

Bike = V-Star 250 (Plenty of fuel)

p.s. My workplace is surrounded by rather large windows, any attempt to push start the bike and fail, will result in months of mockery, and quite probably a YouTube appearance thanks to 'mates' with a healthy sense of humour.

Answered my own questions, by just going out and trying it. Put it into second, key and kill switch to 'on', choke off, waddle walked it to a reasonable pace (Probably got to about 5-8kph) then popped the clutch... running nice, starts first time by the time I get home (took a detour, about 40km all up)
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.