Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WRB's and Dixons creek (a victory)

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by K8, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Seems that the Dixons Creek residents living along Old Tolangi road have achieved what bike groups can not. The removal of a WRB . The 800 metre barrier which was installed along the Melba Hwy was removed on Monday 9th October after an outcry from the residents , leaving VicRoads facinf accusations of Mismanagement and wasting taxpayers money.
    Vicroads did a nifty version of the side shuffle of course , and downplayed the issue but they did claim evidently that the removal incured minimal cost and was the result of a road sefety audit which found it was unwarranted. :p
    Yeah ... right.
    Still , heres a precedent and given it hardly incurs much cost , lets hope lots more " unwarranted " exaamples are pointed out to them. .

Go the Country residents :dance: Three cheers to Dixons Creek people.

2. Yikes!

Can you give us any more detail - I want to give the Dixon's Creek residents a medal. :grin: :grin:
  3. If you want wire rope barriers removed, just tell the council you're a muslim, and they deeply offend you as they relate to 55:20 of the Quran.

بَيْنَهُمَا بَرْزَخٌ لَّا يَبْغِيَانِ

"between them a barrier which they do not overpass"

God [ha!] only knows the establishment will make the mad dash to whore itself out to the foreign ideals of any religious group that isn't Christian, before it listens to a group of rationale people that pay road registration.

We are all just speeding bastards, after all.
  4. I am trying to get hold of photos which show the wrb before they took it down. It was like maybe 6" from the edge of the road and 'protecting' ... nothing. Just a nice clear grassy run off. I've sen these before and just looked in disbelief at the stupidity of them. Now I'm carrying my camra always . If you stood next to this one you would have been on the road. I think a stack of photos showing the stupid placement of these all over the state would be good.
    I've got the names of the residents but I'm not posting them.
    Will let you know if I get hold of the pre removal photos.
  5. Thanks to K8 who has supplied a scanned copy of the source of the information which I have placed here where you can view the article published in the Mountain Views Mail dated 10th October.

Hint - You can download the image or use the magnifying tool to read/view it.