Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National WRB If you don't sign this petition, you have no grounds for complaint.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jdkarmch, Dec 12, 2011.

1. You can sign this petition HERE.

I'm told that there are representitives prepared to raise private members bills in both State and Federal Parliament, we need signatures NOW to show governments that this is a serious issue for voters.

With support from major motorcycling organisations and clubs, help get the 10,000 signatures needed for our voice to be heard!

2. got a paper one?
  3. Yeah, I thought on-line petitions aren't worth the bytes they're made from and to be legal they need to be proper paper petitions with the full address details of each person along with their signature and the full what you're signing for info on the top of each page??
  4. Nothing like a bit of emotional blackmail to get me to do something...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. To quote someone else on this (I shan't drop him into it by naming him):

I wonder whether the promoters of the petition have thought it through and have a strategy for the next step.

All road authorities, and probably all road ministers, are aware that motorcyclists don’t like wire rope barriers, so giving them a petition won’t tell them anything they don’t already know.

I doubt a petition of 10,000 will convince anyone to remove wire rope barriers.

So the only likely outcome is to bring about some ‘change’. The most likely changes are:-
    - Increased use of alternatives such as Ezy-Guard which are more motorcycle friendly

- Placing new installations of WRB further way from the carriageway.

- Installing protection cushions around the posts

The question is - have the promoters actually looked beyond presenting the petition - and who will it be presented to?
  6. Signed, it may not help but it can't hurt.
  7. Signed earlier in the year
  8. What do these cost compared to concrete barriers? I've noticed these wire barriers becoming used a lot
  9. Did you follow the link?
    It specifies the federal minister who plans on introducing a private members bill to federal parliament
  10. IIRC, much cheaper to install, much more expensive to maintain.