Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wrapping a bike costs?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by LachyT44, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Hi guys!
    I'm thinking about buying a new bike soon, and I was wondering if anyone knew the costs involved with having it professionally wrapped.
    For two reasons
    Firstly this will be a 300cc so I'm probably not going to have it for long, therefore I want to keep the resale value high and avoid any scratches on the fairings and tank
    and secondly I think it would be cool to have my own unique color choice on the bike which I haven't decided on.
    Any advice or comments on the topic would be great!

2. #2 chillibutton, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Different viewpoint here, if you're not keeping it long, don't buy a new one. Buy used, save $ and go mad with the wrap.

You won't lose as much on a used bike compared to a new one either.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Hahaha i always make this mistake, I mean I'm going to be buying another one.. most likely a used 2013/14 ninja haha sorry mate
  4. Short answer - save your money and don't spend it wrapping something you'll have for a short amount of time. Nobody will pay you more for a bike that has been wrapped.

I looked in to it briefly and to get my striple 660 done, including flyscreen, belly pan and rear hugger was estimated upwards of $2K. That was the end of that discussion.

If you really want to do it on the cheap for a temporary change, get the cans and DIY. Probably end up being a couple of hundred and is easy to repair of you get a scratch.
  5. Oh yeah are you talking about plasti dip?
  6. Yep. Takes a bit of practice to get the coat right but its a better option.
  7. Yeah I've plasti dipped some of the exhaust on my cruiser!
    Used it a few times now... would you recommend it for the full bike though?

Attached Files:

8. Im sure it'll be fine, I'd be masking everything very carefully though.