Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wow that was some COLD frickin' rain in Melbourne!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by grue, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Eeeek. I don't mind warm rain, and cold rain on cold mornings is expected, but the air temp was ok :nopity:

2. soft. ;-)

3. Totally. After yesterday my body changed to summer mode!

4. Then try riding close to a sheep truck.

5. Its a shit place Melbourne,not Victoria.

6. There's your problem! Shorts, singlet and thongs. Haven't you learnt yet? Melbourne likes to tease with a few days of summer-like weather, then another month of winter before it gets properly warm.

Makes you wonder how Melbourne keeps ranking so highly in the world's most liveable cities thing, doesn't it? Is "weather" not a criteria?

7. I think its all exaggerated,i dont think its that high anymore,sure we got the arts,sports arenas, cafes,some beaches he.
    When you read it on paper its fine great place to live,lets go there,
    Bull **ck its miserable and quite unpredictable place.
    Would like to leave but cant yet,
    no wonder its the second state

8. Exaggerated maybe, but check out this Wikipedia link: http://bit.ly/mntZpd

As of August this year, Melbourne is number one again. Adelaide's sixth (equal fifth?) and Sydney comes in at number seven.

I don't get what you mean by "second state". Melbourne is a city, not a state, and even assuming you're talking about Victoria, I wasn't aware we had a "first state" in this country. Surely you don't mean NSW???

• Like Like x 1
  9. Think NSW was classified as a state 1st.
    That is all.

Sydneys weather is nice. Shame it sucks to live there.

10. only if you live in the sticks

11. It's because we get for seasons in a day...