Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wow - no electric start on Yamaha SR400. Kick Only!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by V2, May 13, 2014.

1. I'm all into retro, but I don't think I'd ever want to loose the button start!

[​IMG]

Yamaha SR400 Story Here

2.  Top
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I love how the Manufacturers are making retro bikes , but it needs to be in 500cc like the original model so you brake your leg with a compound fracture and not a sprain lol

4. Dozen of these parked outside gasolina today, must have been a launch or something.

5. There's nowt wrong with kickstart.

6. :) When are you mounting one on the K1300 Womble. ;)

7. Now there's an idea....

8. I saw mention somewhere recently of the electric start wired into a kick start mechanism, a bit 'hipster' but interesting none the less.

9. Even with Carbed Jap bikes from the 90s (some trail bikes) were such an easy kick, I was actually lead to wonder why you'd bother with a starter.

10. Id be more concerned about the price. Bit on the high side for a simple bike.

11. so you can turn off the engine when waiting at the lights on hot days

12. I suppose but i rarely do that. Maybe a couple of times a summer on the old air cooled gsxr1100. Hard to see it being necessary on the sr400.

13. and it seems that yamaha agree with you! no electric leg.

I've read that kick starting a dirt bike half way up a steep hill is no so much fun -- not relevant here though