Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Would you????

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by fingers89, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Just want to know if anybody would consider wearing one of these:

http://www.dragginjeans.net/products/kshirts/index.htm

They look pretty good to me, especially for the warmer months. The would be tear resistant, but do not have any armour, which does concern me a bit.

just wanted to know what you think.

fingers89 :)

2. I might wear it under a textile jacket in winter, only if I haven't bought a leather jacket by then, or if it was night in winter, under the leather. Can they guarantee it won't ride up when you hit the dirt?

3. that is a good point. I was thinking more of a summer cruise shirt (no jacket). I know that may not be a popular thing to say, but the kevlar would provide some form of protection, and they are designed to tuck in alot further. So it would be "more difficult" for it to come up, should you come off.

fingers89

4. If you pin it like a nappy, it would hold, and you'd get a wedgie!!!

I saw the damage my brother got from an off in a suburban street, wearing a long sleeve dress shirt, not pretty.

And he was off his bike for six months with a fractured collar bone...

I think I like wearing jackets over shirts, not shirts instead of jackets!!

5. Maybe under a mesh jacket wit harmour and under my r jays back protector,but maybe not probably just wear my Kawasaki t shirt :wink:

6. By itself I think it would be about as useful as a Hyosung :p.

7. I think this could be great over a body armour jacket.

However I prefer a fully vented (tough mesh) armoured summer bike jacket, over a tshirt. Easier to live with.

I think this is designed for the "t-shirt and jeans" crowd who wouldn't be seen dead wearing conservative-looking safety gear.

"wouldn't have been seen dead if they had been wearing conservative-looking safety gear" hey, that's kind of appropriate.

8. My other half (also rides) said he likes the idea, until I pointed out that you would have to tuck it in pretty tight for it to not end up around your ears... I would contact Draggin Jeans and advise a zipper to attach to pants (as some leather and textile jackets do). As this would make it a great product for summer riding or under winter jackets.
    PS: He lives in his Draggin Jeans, they last age's.

9. Would be good under a denim jacket or similair.