Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Would you ride one of these?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Justin Stacks, Jan 10, 2013.

1. World's First One Wheel Electric Scooter

Honda's Version

2. no.

i'd be MORE likely to ride one if it was electric... and i'm not saying i'd be likely to ride one.

electric motors go backwards so with a computer they can stand themselves up...

3. They would make a good dirt bike I think, if you put a dirt tyre on it. Go up anything.

4. You wouldn't last 5 minutes riding it in Australia. You would be arrested for doing a wheelie and it would be crushed into a really little cube.

• Like Like x 3
  5. It will meet the same fate as the Segway - the beige beancounters will say it's too big to allow on the footpath and too 'uncontrollable' to allow on the road.

6. There is no law against riding on one wheel.

If you actually knew what you were talking about wheelies are banned because of loss of traction. How is it losing traction if the wheel isn't there.

7. E-braking would be an issue. It will tend to roll you face first into the pavement :)

8. No counter steering, wouldn't have one in any situation

9. 300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I could fit one of those in the lift and ride all the way to my desk!

11. #11 Vertical C, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    You're nuts if you think I was serious.

Whoosh straight over both their heads. :dance:

12. You're all nuts - seriously

13. Oh my what incredible wit you have.

14. Pair of nuts.

15. Same back to you. Next you will be telling motorcyclists that they will be booked for riding because if you drove a car on two wheels like this you would be booked. That would be a chortler as well. :rollseyes:

[​IMG]

16. Haven't heard of anyone getting booked for driving on two wheels like that.

17. You're like a 6 yr old aren't you.

18. If it has electronic suspension capable of push-button fence jumping, I'd be interested. Then you could jump over cars instead of splitting or filtering.

As it is, at least it makes everywhere a drive-through.

19. If someone buys me one i promise to put the video of my maiden voyage down Arthur's Seat on YouTube

20. He knows you are, but what's he?

• Like Like x 1