Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Would you get around with this on your head?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by pro-pilot, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Designers have now started looking at inflatable helemts.

They look stupid!

2. The orange one looks like a punkin :LOL:
  3. Bloody airheads wouldn't know protection if it hit them in the face.
  4. Yeah just paint that guy's one orange, and his face to match...and VIOLA!

5. [​IMG]
  6. Ummmmm.... are they actually serious and are those legal? :shock: Or is it just a spoof?
  7. If you look at the bottom of the image there is a full face one, looks like a snow man :LOL:
  8. don't you go denigrating us older BMWs... :p :p
  9. Considering that yesterday was April 1st. I'm guessing that this was an April Fools joke.
  10. Haha, the 'total' model in the brochure looks like a cross between the gimp and the marshmallow man!
  11. That's the funniest advancement in helmet technology I've ever seen. You couldn't pay me to wear that.

I think the designers need to think a little harder...
  12. :LOL:

I love the "total" version.... BDSM anyone???

I know it's an april fools joke, but hell, as an idea, an air bag helmet has some merit...
  13. "Go away, you pr*ck, you'll make my head explode." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. Every second rider in India is wearing them. :rofl:
  15. wouldn't be very aerodynamic would it
  16. The same merit as a springy spring/elastic-covered car, yeah...

Unfortunately the most space-efficient way to absorb kinetic energy is through destructive, plastic (as in, permanent) deformation - crushing the foam inside our "solid" helmets, metal crumple-zones in cars and so on.

(I think the 'airbag' jackets that help support/cushion the neck are a great idea though)

I did have some fun sending the advert to a few violently ATGATT scooter friends of mine, all the same. :LOL: "It's okay, it's okay... it's just April 1st!"
  17. Thats kinda nuts, but I does bring up some possibilities. Scale them down and add some layers of D3o to the outside and it might be damn good