Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

WA Would like to borrow a bike

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by zemonstas, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm coming to Perth to visit for approx. a week in April. My friends have bikes and I really want to head to the hills with them, but they don't really know any other riders in Perth with a spare bike I could borrow any more. My other friend has sold hers and now I can't borrow hers.

Happy to pay a reasonable price, and sort out insurance/bond in any way. I know bikes for most people are their babies and treat I them like one, but accidents do happen. I've never dropped any of my road bikes, but that doesn't mean the motorcyclist's wager won't get me at some stage.

2. Don't get me wrong but would you have lended your bike?
  3. I could ship mine over
    you could lend it
  4. Look into renting one mate
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. A cursory Google-ing...
  6. #7 zemonstas, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Yes. I've already done all the rent checking and Googling leg work. But it seems prohibitively expensive in Australia compared to the places I've rented in Europe, USA, or South East Asia. And if someone has a second motorbike sitting in a shed somewhere not being used I'd love to give it a go.

TBH I'd rather buy one outright and stable it in Perth but I don't have the kind of money to buy a motorbike to sit in a shed for 10 months out of the year currently...

Anyhow, looks like the climate out there for borrowing bikes isn't super favourable. Never mind :/

Thanks for your input guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.