Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Worlds most pointless vehicle, the Spidermobile

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by incitatus, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Could probably do with some rubber on the bottoms of the feet...

Still, I think it's pretty cool actually, it's quite unique. I saw those same leg mechanisms a few months back on a giant rolling art project that used wind power to push these enormous 500m wide chains of legs along through the fields. Quite stunning in its scale and fascinating to watch in motion.
  2. It was art and cause we could! Seems reasonable to me, very cool :cool:
  3. I reckon it's gold! I've seen people blow a whole lot more cash on worse things! I reckon he did well to build it in a relatively short time!
  4. #5 Ktulu, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Yeah, I think BMW used that dude and his artworks for an ad.

If you don't know what Loz is talking about, click 4ZK4V2YUA5U[/media]]here.

Spider-mobile... hmmm, cool design, I'm impressed.
    The only conveivable advantage of a spider like vehicle would be in traversing ridiculously tricky terrain... which that thing, clearly can't do.
  5. But he looks nothing like Peter Parker!!!
  6. Ha ha ha ha, almost as nerdy though!
  7. god the first generation of anything looks like the worst pos ever invented.... :LOL: :LOL:

love the comment " is there a history of mental illness in your family!!???" :LOL:
  8. I'm reminded of Harry Potter when the Bogert comes out to Ron and he puts roller skates on it! Not very stable is it?
  9. That is Engineering Genious!
    I can see it having more practical uses with a side mounted 50 cal machine gun and maybe twin front flamethrowers.

10. ha ha!

yeeeaaah, i think it's prettier than the fellow who made it.
  11. That thing was cool, but I think everyone's missing one of the most important parts of that video...that bloke's mo!
  12. To cut the noise... I agree.

But I reckon it would create problems with turning, if you look when he is turning he's relying on the slip on the leg pads to do it.

Rubber would probably interfere with that.