Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC World-first study on cause of serious motorbike accidents

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Maurice Blackburn, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know some of you have been briefed about the project detailed in today's Herald Sun:

What jumps out at me is the "experts will analyse factors such as speed, experience and the physical environment in accidents" element. What I'm not seeing (pardon the pun) is anything about driver awareness.

At a cost of $1.3 million dollars that constitutes a staggering omission. All the more so given the repeated highlighting this issue received at the Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into motorcycle safety late last year.

If you have a study that is 100% focused on the motorcyclist as the source of all consequence relating to accident or injury you run the risk of releasing findings and action items tinged in this hue. Ipso facto the SMIDSY phenomena is relegated to being inconsequential. ](*,)

My question is whether those in the know on Netrider are aware whether this study will involve analysis of driver inattention?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.