Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

World cup fever

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Will Hung, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Im not a big soccer fan but when world cup comes around and Australia is in it im the biggest band wagon jumper their is.

Anyone else got the fever? Our first game is againts tough oponents Germany 4 am monday.

edit monday 14th june.
  2. a minority game in this country, but thanks to the doctrine of multi-culturalism, we are all expected to get lathered up about it...
  3. Yeh i'm a fan... I don't do the 4 am wake up's though, I just set the tv recorder onto that time and deal with result fever in the morning! :LOL:
  4. I'm a supporter of good sport, and the football World Cup is one of the best sporting events.. Can't wait :)

And it is pretty awesome that the Aussies first game falls on a public holiday.
  5. Couldn't be less interested if I tried.
  6. For fuks sake fellas if you are not interested or anti multicultural shut up.
    Go Aussies!
    PS hornet you are actually wrong by a longshot, there are more soccer players and soccer teams Australia wide than there are thugby or afl.
    In fact Netball has more participants.
  7. Is this the game we're all taking about?

Attached Files:

8. ^^^^^^ wot 'e said. Priceless.
  9. Yep, a game for sissies

10. Love the pics

and eerrrr..no
  11. Isn't photoshop wonderful?
  12. Those are real images pauly no Photoshop there.
  13. woooo
    if Serbia wins GO SERBIA
    if aussies wins GO AUSSIES

and yes, i can vouch that they are real photos
  14. yep they are real, i remember when Cisse busted his leg:eek:
  15. Almost the same here but I have my priorities right.......

If aussies win Go Aussies
    If Italy wins Go Italy (But ONLY if aussies are not there any more)

But must admit, only watch the world cup and the qualifying matches leading up to it.
    I get a lot of late nights between Gran Prix (bike and car), superbikes, now World cup for a few weeks then the Tour De France which will be overlaping the world cup....:tantrum:
    Isle of Mann this weekend another must see.........
  16. I'm ready for me 4 weeks of hope before we get knocked out in the quarters...

Paul you really need to take a look outside of the compound sometimes...

I always liked this one...

17. [​IMG]

HAHA good one. :)

Aussie, aussie, aussie and closely followed by slovakia. For some reason I hope the english do better this time, that football mad country has suffered long enough. Atleast they have a free pass to the quarters with their draw, stay strong stigger.
  18. Surely you're taking the piss? A minority sport in what way? It's definitely not THE major sport, but minority, how so?

When Australia played in Germany 2006 there were in excess of 20,000 fans that made the trip over. Public viewing areas were overflowing with fans staying up all night across the country. Don't think that "the doctrine of multi-culturalism" had anything to do with that.

It seems to me that as a nation we embrace all who represent Australia in the sports field abroad, just not when we play that "foreign" game, and that's a real shame.
  19. Soccer = proper football and I'm hanging for the first match as I'm a huge fan.
    Hornet's first comment in this thread made the word multicultural sound like a dirty word - how charmingly intolerant is the man of the cloth.
  20. smee is right. more people play soccer in Australia than any other sport i think.

Hell, there is 16 Open divisions in the shire alone.