Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

World’s most expensive motorbike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Mouth, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Feline One at $415,000

feline-black-gold-e1422298199758.

Renowned designer Yacouba introduced FELINE, a high-tech deluxe motorcycle, delivering a new vision of the motorbike. Its unique look creates an immediate impact with its unusual sensual panther style.

Made from the highest quality materials with parts manufactured by top worldwide experts, FELINE is the result of 4 years of technological research. The class and elegance of the high-grade materials come to the fore without any visible means of fastening: carbon, titanium, aerospace aluminum and fine leather are part of the materials used in FELINE.

"Much more than a motorcycle, FELINE is the combination of sophistication and high technology for highly demanding customers looking for innovative and unique novelties" Yacouba said.

The main innovation in the design and technology of FELINE lies in its aesthetics, showing clean lines en- hanced by a powerful front fork and a hook-shaped back. Its high definition digital dashboard brings new and fully customizable features. FELINE is sharpened and expresses a fascination for speed and freedom of movement. Its uniqueness and remarkable features make it also a great candidate for Hollywood movie productions.

FELINE is also a highly powerful efficient machine on roads and tracks. With its ultra-light weight (155 kg) for 170 bhp, its rigid frame and its unique anti-dive fork, this motorcycle is extremely easy and efficient to ride, providing maximum thrills … for a unique driving experience.

"During 10 years I tested the best machines around the world and my conclusion has been to make a synthesis of two worlds : the best that I encountered and my vision of the motorbike of the future, FELINE was born !" Yacouba said.

The launch of the first FELINE models is planned for early 2016 with a limited edition of 50 numbered copies.

Specifications

ENGINE
    Type 3-cylinder, 4-stroke
    Capacity 801 cm3
    Power 170 bhp
    Transmission 6-speed gearbox
    Exhaust system Titanium

CHASSIS
    Frame Titanium, carbon fiber and aerospace aluminum
    Fork Dual carbon swingarms, 2-dampers with fiber spring
    Swingarm Carbone Fiber, mono damper with fiber spring
    Rims Carbon fiber
    Front brake 4-discs Ø 230 mm, with 4-pistons calipers
    Rear brake Single disc Ø 220 mm
    Front tire 120/70 – ZR 17
    Rear tire 200/50 – ZR 17
    Fairing Carbone Fiber

DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
    Wheelbase 1400 mm
    Saddle height 808 mm
    Dry weight 155 kg

2. I just can't get excited by the look of that. It looks like a tube of toothpaste that someone has squeezed at one end.

Anyway, for that sort of coin, I'd want tassels on the handlebars included.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't like the look of it at all, its butt ugly

4. Just wait till you try and insure it

• Like Like x 1
  5. My bet is AAMI won't find it in their database.

6. Only slightly more powerful and slightly lighter than a Vyrus, kinda underwhelming with that price.

7. Unusual sensual Panther. Righto

8. Sex Panther, 60% of the time it works everytime

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. why such small brakes? sure they're carbon but...

feline-017-e1423474901640.

10. I think it has 4 discs at the front. Dunno how that works.

11. It look like something from the latest science fiction movie starring Tom Cruise

12. Show vehicles very rarely made it to production, and never as they are shown...

13. 'Novelty' = Saudi Princes' toy. $415K sure would feed and clothe a lot of under privileged kids.

14. There you go right there. The cost is justified.

They are using carbone fiber. Pronounced, carb-onee - an Italian speciality material.

Still looks like puss though.

15. For that kind of money I could get two real Bikes made for me and still have change,
    and 1600 CC as well,

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. See if he can get that approved - unless you no longer need rear view mirrors and licence plates on a bike.

Fairy tales and dreams.

17. Yup.

Part of the pricetag would be because they're only making fifty of the things, and not just because it means a limited supply. Sure, it adds up to 20M, but any bike has research and design costs, and this one is kinda fancy on both counts (even if it isn't exciting any of us). It's also using a lot of (relatively) exotic materials and designs, so that means high parts costs (especially on such a small run) and the manufacturing side would need some unique tooling and stuff.

The same revenue could be made from 2500 $8000 bikes using conventional, mass production parts and techniques and a design that can borrow from other models in the lineup and will mostly flow into the following years' models (they tend to go through several years of minor revisions between major redesigns). Yes, there is more competition and lower margins, but I'd also expect popular models to sell more that 2500 units worldwide.

18. Are they even putting it through adr?

19. How much more would it be to get it fitted with a top box?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. so besides having the title of "Worlds most expensive bike" what's the point?

As a design exercise ok, but as mentioned just a toy for uber rich tool bags

• Agree Agree x 1