Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Workshop opinions

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by deafwish, Jul 19, 2005.

1. I'm considering getting my bikes major service and chain/ sprockets done at OCD Racing in Oakleigh (Victoria).
    Anyone got any feedback on this companys workmanship/ pricing?

I do not mean to offend anyone by asking this question, i mearly work too hard for my money to be spending it at the wrong place. :wink:
    Daz. :wink:

2. Mike @ OCD repaired my bike after my off, and I was very happy with his workmanship.

I have just had a service there and was also happy :)

3. Mike (gsx14-i think thats right)will look after you . I have never had work done there but Sue (bondgirl) has . PM her .
  4. :LOL:
    Sue works there...... :roll:
    She has been VERY helpful with organising prices and so forth for me, i just want some feed back from other customers.
  5. I haven't used him for service yet, but will be very shortly.

He was VERY helpful with ordering some K&N Air Filters and hopefully will be collecting some other parts this weekend. (provided i'm close to sober).

He seems more than happy to discuss options for your bike, should you wish to alter anything.
  6. Was just trying to help :? :?

7. Sorry mate. :oops:
    Didn't mean to offend you....
  8. Ok folks time to clear the air! Mike from OCD Racing is my housemate because his integrity is unquestionable! I have a 12y.o. daughter who lives at home with me & I'm not always there at the same time as Mike. I knocked back several offers of housemates for this reason. Yes Mike is the only person whom I will let put a spanner to my bike after my first encounter with another bike shop on chain & sprockets left my rear wheel 2 notches out so Bond did not want to take right hand corners.
    I work for Mike on my days off & if he doubled my salary I'd still be on $0.00 per hour! PMSL! to help him with the office side of things so that he can do what he does best, that is work on the bikes! I've reduced my days at my other job to help build OCD because I have so much faith in him & his work! He won't spin you a line cause you're a female or a newbie on L's, he will be more likely to make sure you are safe & happy! I keep telling him he needs to charge more as other customers have suggested but he won't charge more than he feels his parts or service are worth & he will work his butt off to make sure he does the best job he can! i rarely see him at home anymore because he works 16 hours each day and spends 2 hours more traveling to and from the shop as well so the only place to see him is at the shop. biased yes I am because me & Bond deserve the best!
  9. I knew Mike was your house mate Sue , just didnt realise you were helping him out at OCD as well . Thats why i said to the young fellow to pm you since you know Mikes work first hand. Hope all is going well for him and his business.
  10. Thanks mate yeah it's growing steadily!
  11. Morning all.

I have had mike perform the following for me:
    1 x Major Service
    1 x Minor Service
    1 x Tyres (front and back)
    1 x dual head lights
    1 x custom wheel work - work in project at the moment - experimenting
    Plus other misc things

To date, I am very happy with his work. Very approachable person also. Very professional.

12. Mike and Sue, helped me with the Red Baron after my off. I banged up the tacho in a big way, he got on to Honda and ordered one. Honda then telephoned him two days after the bike went into the shop (Friday arvo) saying it was on three week back order. Mike rang up a supplier in Sydney, who had it couriered down over the weekend so it was ready to fit to the bike Monday. The price was $100 cheaper than what Honda wanted for it and rather than Mike pocketing the difference he used his honesty and integrity and passed it onto me.
    Quite frankly, I couldn't speak more highly of anyone else nor would I recommend anyone else.
    I require a set of new tyres soon, I will not hesitate to get my bike down to OCD/Mike again.
  13. Senor Skuffy. Long time no see, good to hear from you again. I second your opinion :). Have had a lot of stuff done to my bike including several services the rest is too much to mention, but it handles ten time better than it used to, all thanks to Mike :)
  14. Yep, when it comes to my bike I'm a fussy pr&ck....... Mike is the only guy who I'd take it to.

I reckon he does a good service because he really loves bikes...... he also loves a chat, but that's another story. :D

15. Thanks for all your honest opinions.
    I have booked my Hornet in with Mike for Saturday for all the work to be done.
    Will keep you all posted.