Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Worksafe Inspectors

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by PJ2, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Just wondering if anyone knows how to become a Worksafe Inspector ?

2. yep,
    educate your self in hand to hand combat and train up in speed and agility because you will need it when you are lynched by angry tradespeople.

seriously, you need to complete OH&S, OH&S for supervisors, and quite a few safety based training courses and generally have relevant experience in many different workplace environments. also knowledge of local government laws etc. will help. its not a thing you do immediately post-study.
  3. They were looking to increase the numbers a couple of months ago so it might pay to look into it.
  4. My Dad is a Worky.

He was an OH&S manager at Strang first... He just applied. But the training is crazy, exams & the training went for three months of something crazy.

You really need to do an OH&S course first.
  5. do not forget the self-defence courses.

i have WITNESSED an OH&S officer being ASSAULTED quite severely, not that i applaud such action, but it aint for the faint hearted!!!
    worksafe dudes are to worksites like stinging nettle is to nostrils

6. Hmmm, I don't think I'd work somewhere that took such a dim view of workplace safety and of their employee's well being.
    Mind you, I've had stand up "discussions" with some employers who were condoning seriously dangerous work behaviour "because it's faster and saves a buck". Amazing how many bosses at job interviews go on about how they have a safe workplace blah blah, and when you get into the job, it's like a warzone!
    I'd get into OH&S, it's an area I am quite passionate about. Life is too short to get a permanent disability or die for to make someone a quick buck......

Regards, Andrew.
  7. Any job where you have to enforce basicly anything will bring you into conflict with the "idiots". Dosen't matter whether its Parking Officer, Police Officer, WH&S Inspector, Local Council Inspector, Centerlink fraud investigator, Insurance Investigator blah blah blah, anything where you have to make sure people are doing the "right" thing will find yourself in conflict with the deadshits. Some people just can't do the right thing and prefer to blame everybody else when they get into trouble. Just look at our courts.
  8. ^ Very true. Hadn't thought of it that way.

Regards, Andrew.