Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Working as a Postie

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by takagawa, May 15, 2005.

1. I'm a casual worker at Australia Post Dandenong Letter Centre, and I'm thinking about being a postie for a lark during my mid-year university holidays.

The pay isn't fantastic still around $20 p/hour, same pay whether working inside DLC or outside in the weather.

Those here who's been/are a postie, how where your experiences?
  2. I'm a Poste... And I would recomend a quick little squirt as a posty to any one... but if you think of it as a career... lets just say after 5 years I'm seriously thinking of going back to my previous life in I.T. (which is something I told my self I'll never do)...

The best thing that you hopefully will get out of it is expiriance riding the Poste bike, which in my view is the best riding learning tool...
  3. this was one thing I always thought posties would get - good riding experience. I can't count the number of times I have seen guys on postie bikes nearly scraping knees cornering at low speeds - looks like fun.

Have you had many 'moments'? Do you really take some of those postie bike skills onto you big bike? :)
  4. dan... the way I see it.. Postes push the CT110 to it's limts.. Hance it is such a good learning tool. I very realy push the VFR or any other bike (except the CT110) to those limits. It teaches you how a bike will behave under what circumstances. I have used what I have learned and practised as a Posty, when riding biger bikes it has saves my skin on many occasions... But than any one can practice riding on any bike... the only differance is that when you come off a big bike it is usualy at higher speeds and ends up costing more...
    I have found that if any one has a chance to push a bike to its limits in reasonably safe condiotins (lets say a track day) they will push it and thesame applys to Postes except we get to thrash the crap out of slow and powerless bikes, with crash bars.... Every one wants to learn, every one wants to be better, whether they are doing it consciously or not...